Ten years ago today, I learned so much about my own strength and belief in myself. I learned that I can trust my instincts, and trust other people. I faced some pretty big fears and many mainstream ideals, and had my baby at home. But enough about me.
That baby was a boy, a 10lb, 60z. boy. With a tiny bit of very blond hair, and blue eyes that stayed blue. Beautiful blue eyes.
He grew into a charming, sweet little boy, with tight blond curls that made girls squeal with delight.
He grew more still in to the boy he is today. A boy's boy, yet so very sensitive. He is the opposite of his big sister, who wears her heart on her sleeve and rarely has a thought she does not speak. He keep his emotions inside, which concerns me at times because I want to make sure he is okay, and can't always tell. He is a lot like me in that regard, yet when very troubled he will act as his father would and go out back to beat something with a bat or chop wood. I am not that constructive with my emotions, so I'm glad he has that avenue.
He is very well liked by boys and girls alike. He loves money, and is always willing to earn it instead of waiting for a hand out. A conservative already! He is on top at school, always getting fantastic grades and taking higher level classes, despite wanting nothing to do with school at all. He is humble when receiving praise, and remorseful when being scolded. He does not let a little poison ivy (okay, a lot of poison ivy) stop him from being adventurous. He is in love with firearms, and is learning to respect them as well. He loves all things law enforcement, and I see a future in blue for him.
No girls yet, fine by me! I already know what every mom knows, that it's already hopeless as there are no girls on this earth who will ever be good enough for him. Right ladies?
He is our middle child. Actually he is number three for me, but in our home he is in the middle. He is sandwiched between the beautiful, brilliant girl child and the adorable, precocious "baby" of the family. I hope he knows what a star he is in his own right, and that we could not be more proud of him.
Happy birthday Sean Patrick!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment