Or I am just a freak, as I seem to have no control.
Which is not true, I really do.
I just feel like I don't.
Which is part of the whole sickness I guess.
Do I want things done around here, or do I want them done my way?
Because I can't have both.
See, I do have control. I can choose to accept how things are done by others, or do it myself. It's all up to me.
Though to be honest, I often do it because it won't get done otherwise, perfectly or imperfectly. Which leads to the ensuing resentment. Which contributes to the criticism that occurs when it does get done, but not how I would do it.
So I have to choose.
Which is ironic, since you would think a control would want to choose, not have to choose.
I guess the choice is plain to see. Otherwise I end up with a family who never does anything because they fear they will not do it right. Also because they are a little lazy. And when I say they, I mean we.
I take full responsibility. I am a control freak.
Also, I blame others.
Joke-
"Knock, Knock!"
"Who's there?"
"Control freak. Now you say 'control freak who?'"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Shawnee-
I saw your post on Mck's Blog Frog about motherhood. I'm not a mother yet, but it was SO refreshing to hear your frank discussion about motherhood. While I haven't yet experienced the joys and disappointments of motherhood, I am certain there are many, many others like you who feel the same way.
And even more who only can admit this to themselves in their quiet moments.
Good for you, there is no shame in what you have said, and I don't doubt you are a wonderful mother for a second.
Just stopping by to say hi!
-Paige
Thanks Paige. I hope it will be an interesting conversation. I hope people realize any discontent is not about the kids or the family, I think it all stems from what we expected from it all before we even had it.
Post a Comment