After several discussions with our pediatrician, our gluten free/casein free diet has been postponed! There is testing available to see if the diet would even be necessary, and though it is expensive, I would much rather go that route than implement a very involved diet on children who are not apt to comply completely. Not to mention a grandfather in the home who lives to please the grandkids, which means goodies!
We are celebrating with cheese, of course. Although, I seem to be on the verge of a nasty cold, if it ends up being as bad as the one my husband and brother-in-law are getting over. Cheese is not the thing for me. Unless it is served along side a nice hot mug of whiskey, lemon and honey, which is what I plan to be having later tonight so I can wake up refreshed for my Mother's Day breakfast in bed.
Speaking of Mother's Day....Happy Mother's Day to all you moms! In my mind I know this is a token holiday, brilliantly conceived to sell millions of cheesy cards and provide waitpersons with extra drinking money. But when you have the precious kids, and they want to go all out with the breakfast in bed, the handmade cards, and making sure mom does not lift a finger all day long, it becomes a very special day. Every day is Mother's Day in my house. Some are not pretty, some are not quiet but every day I am a mom is a gift. There's your cheese.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment