Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Spin this.

The mainstream media (notice I didn't say the LIBERAL mainstream media) just can't quit. I realize this will never happen, the same bullshit blitz will continue until the end of days and I should not expect more. What I am mostly disappointed in is the foolishness of what seems to be the majority of the country who buy into it all.

Obama said something foolish. It was a very poor choice of words. "You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig". Now this is a phrase I have heard many times in my life, but considering Sarah Palin's recent lipstick remark at the convention, I think he could have definitely omitted that one. I don't think it was mean spirited or sexist, I have not seen any behavior from him so far to think he would go that route. But I am a sensible person. Where are the rest of the sensible people? The GOP is demanding an apology, and I say for what? Can't we give credit where it's due, even if it is for "the other side"? That said, I also feel that if the situation were reversed and Obama had chosen a female candidate and McCain made the same comment, the shitstorm would be much bigger, but that's another story.

And on the the "big spin" over the rally today here in Fairfax. McCain and Palin were scheduled to stump at Fairfax High School. This event has been moved for TWO reasons, not one and another conjured up to cover up the first one. Parents and school officials complained because a partisan political event was to take place during school hours. I have no problem with this complaint. It is a disruption, and to be honest having political candidates in a school does bring a certain risk to the students and faculty, I can do without that. But in addition, the demand for tickets to this event has far exceeded expectations, and the school field house only holds around 6000 people. It seems the venue may have been changed regardless of complaints, who is to say? The current predictions for the rally are over 10,000 attendees. (Updated: as of 11:00am, when the rally started, there are over 20,000 in attendance!) Would I want that many strangers, not to mention fired up strangers, at my child's school? Hell no. So why say it is spin? Why say it is LIES? Why not see what I see clearly, it was a combination of reasons? Why not be sensible?

And for the record, if I was not sick right now my kids and I would be at that park this morning, making it 10,004.

I say to the media: you can put lipstick on yourselves, but you are still pigs.

2 comments:

LadyRachelLynn said...

Yes, but even McCain has used the Lipstick on a pig thing. McCain and Palin are just reaching to have something to complain.

But your right, that is too much to have at a school during school hours!

Shawnee said...

"Yes, but even McCain has used the Lipstick on a pig thing."

Yes this is my point, it was not meant as a jab at Palin, and I was disappointed in the response from the McCain camp. Not that I am in any way impressed with any of the "attack" ads to date, they all turn me off! I don't think either side has to reach to complain though. ;)