Friday, June 20, 2008

The ties that bind.

My son Tim has a beautiful daughter, Kali he shares with a beautiful girl named Wendy. Though they are no longer together as a couple, they do the co-parenting thing very well. They remain close friends, and take excellent care of my granddaughter together.

I wish their relationship and their daughter were the only things that they have in common. Sadly, Wendy has just lost her mother. Tim was by her side the entire time, as she was for him when he lost his father two and a half years ago. I do not believe parents should outlive their kids, but I also don't think kids should have to bury their parents before they reach the age of 21. This is such a tragic thing for them to have in common, but I know it will only strengthen their bond as friends and parents. God will always provide, even in the face of tragedy, and this is what they will be given.

I wish them both much peace in the days to come, and pray they will continue to lean on each other. They inspire me with their maturity and teamwork, and dedication to their family.

UPDATE- Tim and Wendy have reconciled!

No comments: